21 Pretty Hairstyles Brunette Won’t Miss – Easy Brunette Hairstyles

If you like styling your own hair, or have a friend who enjoys a bit of amateur hairdressing, here’s a new gallery of pretty and easy brunette hairstyles to try at home.  You’ll love the fabulous patterns balayage and ombré highlights are creating on braids and twisty upstyles this season! I’ve chosen a mix of short and long hairstyle ideas, including new braiding techniques and fabulous free-form up-styles you can design yourself!  With inspiration from these formal, semi-formal and every day styles you’ll find it easy to look up-to-date and gorgeous wherever you are!

Alluring bouffant French twist with flower accessory

20 Easy and Pretty Hairstyles Brunette Won’t Miss

Credit

And here’s another fantastic formal hairstyle for a bride or wedding guest.  Thick, straight hair is teased into a very attractive bouffant shape with extra volume around the crown and a steeply angled line down to the nape.  Loose tendrils soften the line around the face and miniature white roses provide the perfect finishing touch!

Scrumptious chocolate waves with honey and cream balayage

This style suits fine/medium textured hair and uses blunt-cut tips and tousled waves to add volume in the lower lengths.  The trendy color design is a carefully harmonized blend of plum-red, caramel and honey with just a touch of white-blonde balayage.  And you can see how the colors create a thicker, 3-dimensional density to fine hair!

Chic & simple twisty side-chignon

I’m such a fan of the trend for twisty, free-form chignons!  They are chic and elegant, but with a casual vibe that I think always gives the impression of a capable and stylish woman. This lovely hair-twist asymmetrical chignon has a cute ringlet softening the line. It’s not too neat, nor too messy – but just right for day and evening wear!

Cheeky black pixie-cut with copper balayage

This is one of the original pixie styles which is perfect for thick, curly hair.  It’s a low maintenance haircut you can just style with your fingers each morning!  The forward movement is right up-to-date with current trends and a touch of orange/copper balayage on the top adds quirky individuality!

Sophisticated braid & wave up-style on thick hair

This is a subtly glamorous up-style appealing to sophisticated women looking for something elegant and polished.  Thick hair is braided-in around one side and finishes in a chic, asymmetric knot.  Tendrils of hair fall from the crown in casually tousled wisps and a lovely rose completes this classy look!

Fabulous freestyle updo in brown & gold braids

I know it looks complicated – but if you can braid hair you can do this style at home!  The secret is taking thick hair and creating a pleasing pattern using large twists and very loose braids invisibly pinned to the head.  It looks wonderful with copper and gold balayage/ombré and is a great wedding hairstyle idea!

Super semi-formal two-tone spiral braid

20 Easy and Pretty Hairstyles Brunette Won’t Miss

Credit

Braid updo’s continue to evolve into extremely creative looks, especially since the trend for blonde ombré became popular!  This a chic, dual-color updo which gets the full artistic benefit from the contrast between brunette and gorgeous golden blonde hair!

Adorable coffee to caramel dip-dye on waterfall braid

Long layered hair always looks good with a circle braid adding extra detail and super patterning.  This fabulous brunette dip-dye is suitable for black or dark-coffee hair and will give your whole look a lighter, brighter style-lift!

Amazing free-style braid with ash-brown balayage

The trend for free-style braiding is creating fabulous, casual and semi-formal styles.  This dark-chocolate color has a subtle purple glaze and medium ash-brown balayage!  So the wide braid at the back is beautifully highlighted drawing attention to the fantastic form and texture!

Groovy schoolgirl braids every day hairstyle

This is a grown-up version of the popular school-girl braids some of us had to wear to be ‘neat’.  And this flat, fishtail braid pattern’s very easy to do at home from a center parting.  It’s a cute and practical look for every day wear, which can be jazzed up with temporary purple balayage for evening!

Bouffant bridal hairstyle with flower design & braid

This elaborate style is the perfect way to show off lovely, long tresses for a formal or semi-formal event.  The look has a vintage vibe in the beautifully coiffed ‘beehive’ at the crown.  The nape is decorated with strands pinned into a modern, flower-petal design and trendy ash-brown balayage adds extra style!

Messy free-form chignon with purple gloss

This messy hairstyle is an inspiration for you to invent your own take on free-form braid up-styles!  The front is styled off the face with a neat braided headband adding traditional style.  However, the back is a totally creative area for you to experiment with braids, twists and loops pinned to the head!

Formal bridal chignon for thick hair

This formally styled chignon works well on coarse hair and is a lovely example of how to create attractive ‘patterns’ with texture and movement.  The style creates curves over the crown, around the sides and in the neat chignon at the nape.  And the dainty white floral accessory is the perfect finishing touch!

Lively kinky waves on natural black hair

On expertly layered hair, tightly curled waves create an energetic and lively look that’s very appealing!  This style is low-volume around the forehead and flares out into full-volume on either side of the chin.  It shows off a beautifully rounded forehead and is a good shape for thin and heart faces.

Stunning faux-hawk chic up-do on natural hair

This is a very special new hair design, which is as beautiful as any other work of art!  It’s also a protective way to wear natural hair in a stunning contemporary style.  Twists of hair are pinned invisibly to the head in a mohawk line, with a radiating-line pattern in the up-swept sides!

Rippling raven-haired princess waves

This gorgeous fall of ebony waves reminds me of illustrations of raven-haired princesses from my old fairy-tale books!  It’s a wonderful, special occasion style that shows off glossy black hair to perfection with a cute, circle-braid detail around the head.

Fabulous formal up-style with bouffant crown

This is another of the lovely, classic up-styles favored by European royals attending formal events!  The bouffant crown adds flattering height above a puffy, round chignon at the nape.  And the braids encircling each bouffant section add a final touch of sophistication!

Elegant high ponytail with rippling waves

This elegant high ponytail styled back from the face is a sophisticated look with a semi-formal vibe.  The lightly defined and separated mermaid waves make hair seem thicker, in this attractive style idea for ‘dressed-up’ work-places. For evening wear, just add a contemporary hair accessory like a silver clip or a flower!

Gorgeous natural glamor with brown lowlights for fine hair

Silky-soft fine or medium hair looks beautiful in tousled, loose curls draped over one shoulder.  This is a lovely look for a bride, or any semi-formal special occasion.  The subtle blend of brown shades in the waves creates 3-D color depth, without sacrificing the natural look of this romantic style!

‘Embroidered’ waterfall braid for girls

This 4-strand waterfall braid is perfect for girls who want to add some extra style to their long hair!  The low-relief braiding creates a fashionably flat and wide pattern.  A new twist comes from the line of hair running through the center which looks just like embroidered thread!

Some of these easy and pretty hairstyles are more difficult than others, but with the help of family or friends they’re all ideas you can copy at home.  Why not throw a ‘hairstyling’ party and invite your friends for an evening of hairstyle experimentation that’s bound to be lots of fun! And you can find more brunette hairstyles on hairstylesweekly.com

Filed Under: Popular Hairstyles Tagged With: ,
Jennie Garth Hairstyle with Bangs - Feminine Long Hairstyle
Feminine Long Hairstyle: Retro-60’s Half-Up Style – Jenna Garth Hair
Dianna Agron Short Naturally Wavy Hairstyle with Pink Highlights
Trendy Short Naturally Wavy Hairstyle with Pink Highlights – Dianna Agron Hairstyles
Classic Hairstyle: Long Vlack Retro Hairstyle from Dita Von Teese
Classic Hairstyle: Long Vlack Retro Hairstyle from Dita Von Teese
Wedding Hairstyles 2013
Preparing for your Wedding Hairstyles
Ombre Hair Trends – Ombre Hair Color Ideas

29 thoughts on “Ombre Hair Trends – Ombre Hair Color Ideas”

1. 2013 hair trends
    red
    brown
    black
    hair dyeing
    hair coloring

2. Ammara Anwar says:

Hi there I do agree with you that reverse ombre is the color trends for 2013 see this http://www.styleglow.com/new-trendiest-wedding-hairstyle-trends-for-the-season-2013-2014/

3. Lancelot says:

I can just let my roots grow out – this is a weird look.

4. heavenly sword says:

is box hair color better ?than going to the salon and getting it done?

i have only dyed my hair once with the box brand .i straighten my hair ONCE or twice a week and i had a perm done 2 months ago.

so if i dye my hair light /darkesh brownish .from the box dye will it stay ? or should i go to the salon?

and if i do dye it by box dye ..then how long should i keep it in for i t to be locked in? or are their extra products i should put in my hair for it to stay in their ..Also when i flat iron it should i wait a few hours or days to flat iron?

5. rndmaktn says:

I have had grey hair since I was about 16 years old. Now at 35 I have a good deal of it and I have been dying my hair ever since that age; both at home and at the salon. My hair color is dark brown and I usually choose something in the medium golden brown range – so that it doesn’t look too dark once dyed. The problem I have is that I find that even with so called home “permanet dyes” I have had the color disapear on the grays in a couple of weeks or even less (sometimes even right away!). Since I really can’t afford to dye my hair at the salon all the time anymore, I would really prefer to do it myself. Does anyone have any advice either about which product covers the best or any tips to making the dye cover the grey better?

6. white man says:

Ok after i shower and my hairs gets dry or when my hair is dry i straighten my hair sometimes cuz it gets bouncy and all i place it on like 120degrees lowest it is think but whenever i do it , my looks awful i can explain it feels like paper! and gets thin and looks greasy and my hair didnt look greasy, before i swear i wasnt greasy with was silky and a bit to wavy and bounced up .

My hair can get greasy easily after i run dont use shampoo in my hair even if i wet my hair over 2days.

So whats wrong with my hair im the girl to the right

The pic isnt that clear sorry this is the best pic showing how my hair is normally.

I have wavy hair but im not sure what my hair color is so help me with that also,and what color would my hair look good with dyed and highlighted tyyy very much

7. Courtney says:

WHY DO YOU HAVE HAIR COLOR???? ANSWER ASAP!!!!

8. Larry R says:

hello friends .i jus got an awesome cut.im thinking about colouring my hair.but i want to know wheter hair colour is bad for the hair and what are its negative effects.much help would be appreciated

9. Erin says:

Which hair colour product is safe and doesnt weakens ur hair a lot!!! i have seen a lot of girls using dye but still they have beautiful hair! How??Plzz tell me the product name!! (Garnier,Pallette etc)

10. Patrick says:

11. Johnky J says:

I went to the hair salon and the hair dresser bleached my hair
    she used the toner to make it light brown.
    I used hair packs then washed my hair, now it’s just brown.
    it became darker. How is this happening and
    how can I make my hair colour go back to it’s original light colour?

12. baldy eire says:

Today I got my hair coloured at a salon. I had medium/light blonde hair before but I dyed to my almost natural hair colour (with a few more red tones which are inevitable) . I was just wondering whether my colour is going to fade to a blonde/orange colour eventually?
    I had the same problem last year but I coloured my hair at home (brown too) and it washed out pretty quickly, within 2-3 months it was back to blonde. I did not use shampoo for colour treated hair though.

Is salon hair dye better quality? I
    Also, which shampoo for colour treated hair should I use?

Much appreciated!

13. Ramblin Spirit says:

Hi, so I’ve colored my hair just about every color, and 6-7 months ago i decided to go jet black. I’m naturally a dirty blonde. I wanted to yet again change my hair color to a ruby red color. I went to the nearest Sallys and bought L’oreal Color Zap, I left it on for a little over an hour (the box said for dark colors 60 minutes ) i rinsed and deep conditioned. It came out 3 different colors, i tried hard not to get any on my roots but it still happened.. So my roots were blonde now they are almost white while the rest of my hair is orange, cinnamon brown, and a blonde patch.

I also notice when it’s wet it’s like elastic and snaps off when pulled… I used coconut oil and left it in my hair all night, not using any heat… My question is, is it too damaged to do anymore with it? I thought about purchasing ion color brilliance color corrector to get the rest of the dye out, it’s supposed to be gentle… I hate thr color it’s horrible and embarrassing…

14. Picean says:

I went to the hair salon and the hair dresser bleached my hair
    she used the toner to make it light brown.
    I used hair packs then washed my hair, now it’s just brown.
    it became darker. How is this happening and
    how can I make my hair colour go back to it’s original light colour?

15. therundown2k3 says:

I dyed my hair black this past december, but now I want to change my look. Are hair color removers, such as l’oreal effasol or colorzap, any good for my hair?

Thanx for your time.

16. Dr Dorian says:

Can u really use a hair color remover even if u have had the dyed color on your hair for at least a month? what color will it make my hair?

17. llb443 says:

I need hair color advice I want to color my hair medium golden brown. I bought this hair color http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/mo3as.krp2t/v/vspfiles/photos/LO1CRE0BR3-2.jpg from Loreal in a beauty supply store. I just don’t know with what volume peroxide to use it with either 20 volume or 30 volume. My current hair color is like a light brown to medium brown and some blonde highlights. I don’t know what to do because I am worried if I use a 20 vol it will come out dark since my hair has a tendency to go darker than the actual color in the box. I am also worried that if I use a 30 vol my hair will come out to light from the roots and dark from the rest of the hair. Please help me which volume should I use? I want rihanna’s brown hair in the 4th picture of this website.

18. NC Baller says:

Presently I have colored my hair with wella…hair color(color-Auburn)!!
    I’m 18yrs..its nearly 1month since I colored my hair..
    i want to knw…if I can change my hair color before…the present one fades??
    Will this hair color come back…if the new color fades???
    i want to color my hair black again….I feel lik I have spoilt my hair..what can I do to restore my hair ki strength???
    ARE WELLA HAIR COLORS GOOD????

19. Ryan Dunn says:

Got streaks for the first time by my hairstylist and heard my hair will fall out eventually by getting my hair colored. Is it safe/safer now than in the past?

20. have faith says:

I had my hair coloured about 2 weeks ago and now it is starting to fade .It was a permanent colour.I hyave dark brown hair and had it coloured just to hide my grey hairs
    I have been using pantene for brunettes and also the conditioner .Someone said that some shampoos contain silicone and will remove colour is this true and does pantene contain silicone thanks.

21. Dr Dorian says:

My 10 year old daughter wanted to dye her hair a dark brown color .(She naturally has a light dirty blonde color) So i thought the safest way to do that was to use a Temporary hair color that i bought at Walmart.This temporary hair color should have washed out with 28 shampoos.Well the color never came out and im freaking out.The color is not fresh.
    I will not take my daughter to the salon to do some hair damaging and have really strong chemicals to remove the color. i want to use something naturally to be able to take this color out of her hair. what can i do ????? please help
    i put this color in my daughter’s hair in july. the crown part of her hair has washed out more than the bottom part of the hair.

22. RxP DarkBox says:

I went to the hair salon and the hair dresser bleached my hair
    she used the toner to make it light brown.
    I used hair packs then washed my hair, now it’s just brown.
    it became darker. How is this happening and
    how can I make my hair colour go back to it’s original light colour?

23. Death Knight says:

Also, what color is dominant? Can the environment affect the expression of the genes for hair color?(thats really saying, can the environment affect hair color, but natural hair color i mean, done by your genes..for example if your mom was low in iron when she was pregnant with you, your hair might be lighter…i just made that up btw,so dont say that)

24. Gamer959 says:

25. TommyKay says:

Presently I have colored my hair with wella…hair color(color-Auburn)!!
    I’m 18yrs..its nearly 1month since I colored my hair..
    i want to knw…if I can change my hair color before…the present one fades??
    Will this hair color come back…if the new color fades???
    ARE WELLA HAIR COLORS GOOD????

26. Vultre9 says:

hi i am having black hair and i dont know anything abt coloring hair….i just brought sofsheen-carson dark & lovely permanant hair color frm walmart and it had to bottles and 1 conditioner…
    i mixed both bottles and i kept for 1 min and then applied to my hair just to some strips because i want just some highlights….after 20 min i rinsed it off with warm water but no change in my hair color …today is the 3rd day but not even a little change in the color…till now i did not do shampoo….

and what is relaxed hair…..?

i love to have highlights…how much does beautyparlours take for highlights?

27. Michael C says:

My natural hair color is strawberry blonde and I hate it, so I dyed it medium brown, and it went back to blonde after about 4 days. (I used Nutresse permanent hair dye)
    Then I dyed my hair about a month or 2 ago and again, the color only lasted about a week and it was professionally dyed.

Im fixing to dye it black, and I want to know how I can keep it from fading? Please help! hanks! :]

28. Thomas Lopez says:

For instance, I currently have brown hair with Platinum blonde highlights but then I want to get my hair dye black. Then once I have black hair for a few months, I want to get blonde highlights or whatsoever. Do I have to strip my hair color to get back to that color?

29. MAK & CHEESE says:

I have dark brown hair, can I use semi-permanent hair color to lighten my hair to a caramel/blond color highlights?

I wanna use semi-permanent hair color because it doesn’t last long, i want that long for only 2 weeks…