Photography and How To: Garland of Grace
1. Gather all hair at the crown of the head.
2. Tie with a sturdy hair elastic and place a hair donut or a scrunchie (we just used a thick head band and doubled it over) at the base of the pony to give it extra volume.
3. Pull about 1/4 of the hair out from underneath the scrunchie and fishtail braid.
4&5. Tease the remaining hair in the pony.
6. Take the teased hair and slightly twist as you wrap the pony around the scrunchie. This will give a central, fountain-like look to the bun, similar to a sock-bun. Bobby pin at the base the whole way around the bun to secure a strong hold.
7. Take your fingers and pull apart your fishtail braid until it is a looser weave.
8. Wrap your fishtail around the base of the bun and tuck the remaining end under the braid, securing with one or two bobby pins.
9. Put on your best dress and that bright red lipstick you love! 🙂