We’re on the hunt for insanely creative writers who are interested in writing on all kinds of topics for Brit + Co. Whether you’re a tech nut, style maven, or interior design guru, we are interested in your style and your ideas. The best part? This role is super flexible, and you’ll be paid on a per article basis. That means you can write as many (or as few) articles as you’d like for the site. Woot!
As a freelance editor, your articles will run the gamut from roundups of the most creative culinary concoctions on the web to in-depth reviews of the latest and greatest gadgets coming from sites like Kickstarter, Yanko Design, and the like. If you consider yourself an Internet Treasure Hunter, then this is the freelance gig for you.
We’ll also happily promote you (and projects you’re working on) on our social channels, not to mention count you as one of our official contributors. Most of our contributors work remotely, but we are open to discussing working in our SF office as well. We have both a laser cutter AND a 3D printer here — just sayin’.
- Must think outside the box
- You must like to see the world in color rather than in black and white
- You must jump up and down when you come across a new and unusual take on an everyday product, recipe, or how-to
- You must have at least 5 Pinterest boards – you can stop reading now if you don’t know what those are!
- You must read at least 10 blogs that are design, tech or craft oriented
- You must know how to use Google Docs
EMAIL TO APPLY
Please send five sample post ideas, two writing samples, and include “Freelance Editor” in the subject line.