20 Pretty Buns You Must Have for the Season

20 Romantic Easy Bun Updo (knots) You Can Try This Season!

If you have long hair you like to wear in a bun, chignon or knot, you probably think you’ve already seen most of the possible style variations.  But you’d be mistaken – as you’ll see below!  The constant invention of imaginative new bun designs keeps the look fresher than a summer flower and as edgy as you dare to wear!   Today’s exciting gallery is full of inspiring ideas for contemporary bun styles to reflect your personality and create the perfect updo for every occasion!

Classic low chignon with diamanté & flower accessory

20 Pretty Buns You Must Have for the Season

Credit

This is a sleek look with strands of hair creating layers of movement on top of the hair surface.  One strand sweeps across the back, from the temples and another creates a curve above the back hairline.  There’s a touch of silver-blonde balayage beneath the gorgeous double-flower hair accessory in this fabulous wedding hairstyle idea.

Pretty bridesmaid chignon for mid-length hair

You don’t need especially long hair to achieve a pretty upstyle for a special occasion.  This blonde style is lightly teased and swept back to form a cute, curly bun above the nape.  The lovely white rose hair accessory completes this super, semi-formal look!

Trendy scarf top-knot for girls

If hair isn’t long enough to create a large bun on top, try this clever faux-bun idea.  An upward French braid creates texture from nape to crown and a small scarf has been arranged in a knot and pinned on top to create a brightly colored faux-bun!

Chic asymmetrical knot-chignon on black hair

Catch up your long hair in this chic and practical knot that has lots of quirky personality!  The model’s lovely black hair has a contemporary green sheen, from a conditioning color gloss treatment.  The knot is neatly fixed in an asymmetrical position and equally suitable for a daily hairstyle or, with a cute hair accessory, it makes a chic, minimalist evening look!

Super sea-green messy top-knot

This unconventional sea-green top-knot is full of tone-on-tone color and texture.  Messy styling is also a good way to add the illusion of density to fine hair, which tends to look flat when brushed up into a bun.

Soft semi-formal messy updo in caramel-blonde

This lovely semi-formal updo gains sophistication from the bouffant shape and warm hazelnut color.  Honey-blonde highlighting, along with the deeper brown root color, creates 3-D density making hair seem thicker.  And it’s a great way to achieve a chic updo on medium-length hair!

Trendy triple-knot chignon with bouffant top

20 Pretty Buns You Must Have for the Season

Credit

For extra-special occasions, this fresh new chignon style is bound to draw admiring glances and compliments!  The fashionable brown roots and dual-blonde highlighting create lots of texture and color depth.  And lovely swirls of color in the three gorgeous chignons are sophisticated and appealing!

Light-brown every-day bun with trendy hair accessory

This every day hairstyle is still a favorite, because it’s an easy-care, face-flattering and practical style for long hair.  The key to updating it to a contemporary look can be as simple as adding a trendy,  ‘bun-stick’, hair accessory!  This bun-stick combines natural copper and wood to create a modern look.

Unique blonde swirly-chignon for brides

This bridal updo is guaranteed to draw admiring glances for its artistic lines and unique style!  The mix of colors is highly contemporary, with warm brown roots creating a pleasing contrast at the nape. Pale golden-blonde hair, arranged in softly draped twists and swirls, will surely make your groom fall in love with you all over again!

Funky beige-blonde with espresso roots

Taking its cue from espresso coffee and cream, this modern angled bob is packed with edgy style for fine or medium hair. There’s just a hint of playful pink on the tips and with top height plus low-volume sides, it’s a fabulous fashion look for ‘lifting’ a low forehead or slimming a round face!

Updated every-day twist in black with brown highlights

Here’s our favourite everyday twist-up and pin style with added sophistication from a new hair color idea.  Broad ash-brown highlights have been added to the sides accentuating the curved movement and decorating the top of the twist.

DIY casual hair-knot with pink bun accessory

Whether you’re going for a run, dead-heading the flowers or on your way to the gym, this pretty twisted knot is just what you need!  It’s a quick and easy style you can fix up in a couple of minutes and the pink bun-stick adds extra style!

Marvelous messy chignon in copper colors

These medium blonde and copper shades are perfect to flatter tanned skin in the summer.  The cleverly pinned twists along the side meet above the nape in a cute, copper blonde chignon.  Loose wisps of hair are pulled down to make a soft, casual frame around the face.

Cute & curly bun with blonde balayage for fine hair

This curly bun is great for adding volume to thin or fine hair with tousled curls.  The model’s naturally blonde hair is given added 3-D depth from white blonde balayage and ash brown lowlights.  And the wavy, swept-back fringe softens the forehead!

Fabulous edgy ‘undone’ bun with spiky tips

Here’s a fabulously edgy look that’s full of drama and unexpected movement!  Ash brown roots create a trendy contrast with platinum blonde and white highlights on spiky tips.  The spectacular part of this groovy hairstyle is the flaming ‘Catherine-wheel’ chignon, looking just like a firework in full swing!

Unique under-cut look with braids & red balayage

Here’s another great fusion hairstyle, with an edgy, short-clipped back and sides underneath a romantic braided updo!  The loose French braid creates a faux-hawk shape ending in an unusual position overhanging the nape.  And temporary red hair color completes this unconventional new look!

Attractive blonde wrap-over for mid-length hair

Instead of a chignon, this new wrap-over hairstyle has hair arranged in four barrel curls just above the nape, in an upstyle suitable for mid-length hair.  The expert blend of blonde and brown shades, make it fresh and suitable for proms, parties and bridesmaids.

Casual bun with braid border to balance a curved nose

This casual bun style shows how to balance the shape of your nose with your hairstyle.  This model has a curved nose, which is balanced out by the attractive round, bouffant shape at the crown!  With a cute braid and pretty earrings, her profile looks great!

Rough-finish platinum blonde low bun

This quick and easy low hair-knot can be a rock chick fashion statement, or a life saver when you get up late after after a night on the town!  Just twist and pin your hair at the nape in a messy, but contemporary look.  Any style with brown roots and neutral blonde is super-fashionable right now!

Sophisticated plum-brown with blonde highlights

And today’s final hairstyle is another gorgeous new twist on the low chignon, in a style you can achieve on medium long hair. The base colour is brown, but with a high percentage of neutral-blonde highlights, stray white hairs are concealed and the overall look’s softer.  It’s a great special occasion hairstyle for women over 40, too!

I hope you’re feeling suitably inspired by today’s new ideas and ready to try lots of new bun and chignon styles.  They do look fantastic on highlighted hair and you can design your own style, too!

Filed Under: Updos Tagged With: , , ,
Halle Berry Pixie Haircut
Halle Berry Short Pixie Haircut: Hairstyles For Women Over 40
Stacked Bob Hairstyles Pictures
33 Fabulous Stacked Bob Hairstyles for Women
Eva Longoria Layered Long Hairstyle
Eva Longoria Layered Long Hairstyle: Simple Easy Daily Hairstyle
short-hairstyles-for-2014
100+ Hottest Short Hairstyles for 2019: Best Short Haircuts for Women

54 thoughts on “100+ Hottest Short Hairstyles for 2019: Best Short Haircuts for Women”

1. Dana G says:

I was just watching a Halle Berry Movie called Losing Isaih, and my sister says Halle Berry is half white, so thats a shock to me since Halle Berry is darker then me and im black, Halle Berry is about the same color as Jada Pinket Smith or Will Smith and there black so how is she half white and there black, some one please explain????

2. Le Pwner says:

And why?

3. morbiusdog says:

My hair is pretty damaged due to constant dying and straightening. But it’s still ooo-kay. I want a new look, i want to try a bob, maybe concave at the back and the front is a wee bit a-lined.

But problem is, my natural hair is kinda thick and curly (i straightened it for long hair), i am afraid it’d curl in a mess if i cut them short. Moreover, my cheeks are chubby, i scared i’d look like a dumbo if i get bob ..i’m in a dilemma. Any ideas?

P/S: If i dye my hair, i want it to be like light brown, but i am asian, i have to fix the roots often, its so troublesome. 🙁

This is me.

4. everythingisgonnabefine says:

I heard this from someone, or maybe it might of been her mum. Grew up in “tocky” I think. Anyone know if this is true.
    I have just found out her mum is in fact white and was born in liverpool. So halle berry is a half scouse.

5. Lachlan says:

My point being, if you do not see a white woman when you see Halle Berry then why do people ask these types of questions?

6. Scorch Delta-62 says:

This Friday I’m getting my hair cut and I’m thinking about getting an inverted bob. But I need a few questions answered first:

1. If I have semi-wavy hair in the BACK of my head, will a straight inverted bob work on me? —NOTE: it’s only wavy in the back, and if i get it cut to an inverted bob, it will just get cut off anyway right?

2. Also, How would I be able to style it after I get it done?

I want a STRAIGHT inverted bob like this one http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/NrllAless/blog/mine/rihanna-inverted-bob.jpg or http://bp2.blogger.com/_ziLO4q746xM/RyJ7QAreYeI/AAAAAAAAATY/ZdpNrkNNnRk/s1600-h/jenny-mccarthy2.jpg

7. David says:

Ok, besides their looks and their careers…
    …and besides the fact that they both seem very silly at first…

8. Spider Pc says:

Dandridge a black star from the 1950s
    dudleyville WHAT THE HELL IS A THAT???

THERE BOTH LOOK LIKE BLACK WOMEN !!!

WHITE WHITE DON’T HAVE EYES, LIPS AND NOSES LIKE THAT!!

9. toast says:

She is not the prettiest black girl. Matter of fact, she is only half black. I do not really see how she’s all that except her body. Her face is really ugly to me.
    I think the most pretty black girls have to be the video girls.
    Leonel those are pictures of poverty-stricken africans
    Most american women have more money and time to invest in looks anyways so it would be an unfair competition.
    Compare Iman to Halle Berry.
    Compare her with Joelle Kayembe. She’s Congolese.

10. Jon P says:

I was watching the E channel and Halle Berry who is 1/2 white and 1/2 african american herself, was married to a white man.She is now dating another man that is not african american.She is apologetic to her african roots and states that her daughter is still considered african american.Her white X spouse disagrees and feels his daughter can be considered white as well.I don’t understand why people think whites are racist, and yet denying her white ancestry is politically correct.I feel it’s racism in reverse.

11. MexicanDude says:

Even though I’m a big fan of Halle I just finished watching Clerks 2 and thought just how beautiful Rosario is and what a fine actress.

She was most definitely FABULOUS in Sin City as well.

12. mmminja says:

I’m trying to finish a kids tv quiz (no prize I’m afraid) but I’m really stuck on a couple. Any suggestions to 1) Mr Cutler sounds like he would be good in midfield 2) Halle Berry or Naomi Campbell 3) A Christmas essential for a lift and 4) Tasty puddings. These are all kids tv shows past and present. Any ideas. Thanks

13. addmeonxbox360myuserisfallior says:

why cant all black women have a body like halle berry? she is not overly curvy but just enough to grab sumthin.. damm..

and to top things off she isnt afraid to try new things, i saw her in monster ball and damm she is wild. Billy thorton must of had some serious fun.

14. nmlpc says:

According to reports, Halle Berry is going to simulate a masturbation scene in an upcoming movie starring along side Bruce Willis.In my opinion, her explicit scene with Billy Bob Thornton in Monster’s Ball should have been the limit. I really admire Halle Berry; but I don’t believe that she has to participate in raunchy movie scenes, her gorgous looks and sex appeal is enough. She is trying too hard, and going too far.

15. lucasg615 says:

Look at the old Catwoman comic books and compare it to Halle’s movie..Selina Kyle rules, Halle sucks..Agree or not?

16. Jason M says:

Hello, My hair is about an inch off my shoulders which I would call a bob. My hair straightener broke in half and with Christmas coming, I just don’t have the extra money for a new one. It’s been broken for about 2 weeks and since then I’ve been wearing my hair in a pony-tail and messy-buns.. Is there any different way I can wear my hair that doesn’t look boring? BTW, My hair is naturally curly, and let’s face it.. I’m not a girl in the commercial with the springs for curls.. With curl comes poof..

17. Jason M says:

tried to look it up online think its a drink? what’s in it, etc? Kendrick lamar mentioned it in his songs “money trees” and his verse on “f*’n problems” w/ASAP Rocky

18. wwwavid360gamercom says:

okay,my friend and i are disagreeing about if the bob hair cut is in I think it is but she thinks its been out since the 80’s what do you think?

19. Andre says:

I drew these for ART class and I was wondering if it looked like her?

Thanks!
    *** I KNOW IT IS IN THE WROG SECTION JUST PLEASE ANSWER!***
    Help on this one is appreciated too!!
    (optional)
    She is only one of the greatest actresses out there! Black or White!! I love her!
    I am 17 but I have been drawing celebrities since 7th grade!
    It is pencil but I have to use pencil because I will be turning it into an ink drawing later it is an assignment.

20. rndmaktn says:

Is Halle Berry close with her mother?

21. thinkthought says:

I say Eva, but someBODY says Halle – who do you think, pick only between these two!!

22. Balla says:

23. Michael says:

24. steve says:

Does anyone know what she was referring to when she said, “I’ve been waiting six years to payback what was done to me at the Academy Awards.”

Was it because that guy ran up on stage and kissed her? Was she snubbed some how?

25. nasty1 says:

I love Halle Berry ..she is so beautiful and classy…i am happy that she is finally pregnant
    that guy was has been dating the model.
    sorry i meant …the guy she has been dating..the model

26. Boo Cookie says:

Beyonce-26
    Halle Berry-42 (I think)

27. Shay H says:

I am a woman and I want to cut my hair off so it can grow healthier because I damaged my hair from dying,bleach etc. I love halle berrys hair cut but do men like women with short hair?

28. Joey 01 says:

Its a tough one. They are all beautiful

29. Rishi says:

She was most definitely FABULOUS in Sin City as well.

30. Motordom says:

I think the most pretty black girls have to be the video girls.
    Leonel those are pictures of poverty-stricken africans
    Compare Iman to Halle Berry.
    Compare her with Joelle Kayembe. She’s Congolese.

31. Oilers says:

I got my hair cut like Halle berry and iam running out of ideas. can you help?
    Its shorter in the back then in the front and it about 2 inch in the front

32. Andrew S says:

She looks like a normal woman. Nothing special. What’s so great about her. She pretty like everybody.

33. musicistabest says:

^Although they have a daughter together, I really think that they didn’t look cute together at all (divorce/breakups are hard).I’ve never liked her for some reason so maybe that’s why I’m glad that they’ve split up. I think its because everyone says how stunning she is, but I’ve seen better…like Angela Bassett and Catherine Hendricks. And I think her Oscar was still given to her because she was nude…lol. Do you think they look cute together?
    Nahla is also a person from The Lion King,right? Ugh…Halle,Halle,Halle.

34. Kaylla says:

She was most definitely FABULOUS in Sin City as well.

35. have faith says:

I think the most pretty black girls have to be the video girls.
    Leonel those are pictures of poverty-stricken africans
    Compare Iman to Halle Berry.
    Compare her with Joelle Kayembe. She’s Congolese.

36. toast says:

i dislike megan fox not because im jealous but because shes vain and arrogant i admire halle berry because shes very beautiful and sweet who do you like?

37. Eric says:

Just look at her picture…she has more black traits.

Like most biracial people do.

And she’s gonna get even darker as she gets older.

38. Matthew S says:

if you were to rank women in Hollywood, where would Halle Berry be on your list ?

39. PolishPokeyPimp says:

Hey, just wondering if anyone knew of any websites to find a nice bob hairstyle picture, or if anyone has any! really would appreicate the help thanks 🙂 x

40. shahedC says:

Just look at her picture…she has more black traits.

Like most biracial people do.

And she’s gonna get even darker as she gets older.

41. arronwrath says:

42. Christopher J says:

I drew these for ART class and I was wondering if it looked like her?

Thanks!
    *** I KNOW IT IS IN THE WROG SECTION JUST PLEASE ANSWER!***
    Help on this one is appreciated too!!
    (optional)
    I am 17 but I have been drawing celebrities since 7th grade!

43. Praveen says:

I think the most pretty black girls have to be the video girls.
    Leonel those are pictures of poverty-stricken africans
    Compare Iman to Halle Berry.
    Compare her with Joelle Kayembe. She’s Congolese.

44. Joey 01 says:

45. isk8at818 says:

46. heavenly sword says:

So you think that Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubrey make a cute couple?

47. heavenly sword says:

I see alot of people with the bob hairstyle like Rhianna. Why is it so popular now?

48. x_blind_x_gamer_x says:

Dandridge a black star from the 1950s
    dudleyville WHAT THE HELL IS A THAT???

THERE BOTH LOOK LIKE BLACK WOMEN !!!

WHITE WHITE DON’T HAVE EYES, LIPS AND NOSES LIKE THAT!!

49. uberfailz says:

i really want to cut my hair into a short (about chin length) bob hairstyle, but I’m having trouble finding a good picture to show my stylist.Thanks for the help!

50. Salam says:

what’s a shaggy bob?
    can you post a pic of what it looks like with long hair?

thx :]

51. Milk84 says:

who’s better looking?
    Had better movie roles in their entire career?
    Timeless elegance?
    Strongest actress?
    What’s your opinion? I’m in the middle on this one- but would like to see what you guys think.

52. Disrae says:

I think the most pretty black girls have to be the video girls.
    Leonel those are pictures of poverty-stricken africans
    Compare Iman to Halle Berry.
    Compare her with Joelle Kayembe. She’s Congolese.

53. Shay H says:

2. Also, How would I be able to style it after I get it done?