It’s easy to find yourself in a rut with your hair. The easiest way to break out of it isn’t a fresh cut or a bold color – it’s working with what you’ve got! Paul Mitchell shows us two go-to ways to style your hair that will work on a variety of lengths and textures.
Get the Look: Sassy Waves
A night out with the girls or a fun first date calls for a sassier style. Wow ‘em with these beautiful waves!
- To create a foundation for va-va-voom volume, start with Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Daily Shampoo and Daily Rinse.
- Mix Paul MItchell Thicken Up and Extra-Body Sculpting Foam together and work through damp hair, beginning at the scalp. Comb through for even distribution.
- Using the Paul Mitchell Express Ion Dry TurboLight dryer and the Express Ion Round XL brush, blowdry hair up and away from the scalp. This method of drying creates long-lasting volume.
- When you’re through drying, section hair and spray Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press heat protectant on each section before curling with the Express Ion Curl XL. Curl each section ¾ of the way up.
- Once the hair has cooled, work Paul Mitchell Styling Treatment Oil in your hands and use your fingers to gently break up the curls.
- Once you’re softened the waves, add Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Finishing Spray throughout hair to lock the look in place.
Get the Look: Perfectly Polished
This smooth and straight style is perfect for the days you want to look polished and pretty. Keep it in mind next time you have a big presentation at work or have dinner plans with your new bf’s parents.
- Start with a fresh shampoo sesh. Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo and Conditioner are the perfect foundation for achieving this smooth look.
- While hair is damp, use your palms to apply a mix of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and Super Skinny Relaxing Balm.
- Blowout time! Blow dry hair in sections using the dynamic duo of the Paul Mitchell Express Ion Dry TurboLight dryer and 427 Paddle Brush. Use duck bill clips to separate wet and dry sections. Remember to keep the nozzle pointed downward as you go to ensure a sleek look.
- When you’re through drying, smooth strands with the Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth straightener.
- Apply the finishing touch! Gently smooth Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops through hair for polished shine and a frizz-free look.