We always have somewhere to be, and for that reason our hair should always look the part. Twisted up-dos are the perfect addition for any occasion. If you’re feeling the urge to add a little creativity to your natural locks, give one of these twisted updos a try!
Girl’s Night Updo
You’re finally out with the girlies and you are feeling fierce! A side pony is SO very necessary! Especially with two sultry twists on the side.
- Separate a large section in the front.
- Part the large front section in half.
- Use a hair pin to secure the top part of the section. Flat twist the bottom section.
- Remove the hair pin and flat twist the top section.
- This is how both flat twists should look.
- Pin up the twists using multiple hair pins.
- On the opposite side of your twists, begin twisting your hair, from one side to the other.
- Use a hair tie to secure your hair into a low side ponytail / poof.
Date Night Updo
Get dolled up while keeping it simple and natural with this adorably chic bun.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to create a large section in the front.
- Begin flat-twisting to the side.
- When your twist is complete, use hair ties to pin it up.
- Put your hair into a low, doughnut bun off to the side.
Work / Event Party Updo
With anything work related, statement hair is everything! A puff in the back adds texture to the dolled up twisted bang in the front.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to create a large section at the top.
- Twist the section until you get to the ends.
- Circle the twist, and use a hair pin to keep it in place.
- Behind the large section, grab two medium-sized pieces of hair, and twist them both.
- Wrap the two twists around your bang and secure with hair pins.
- Tie the remaining hair into a ponytail / poof.
Easy-peasy hair, yet so fab! Finish your looks with a dose of CHI Shine Infusion for added fun or a shot of Joico Gold Dust for added glam.
Give one of these a go, and if you’re wanting more, be sure to check out one of these other tutorials to get the ideas flowing!