10 Exciting Medium-Length Layered Haircuts in Fab New Colors!

Time was, when medium, layered haircuts were thought to be a bit boring and mumsy!  Well, that’s another outdated notion you can chuck in the bin. These highly stylish layered haircuts are bursting with new ideas!  Sorting out the right shades for your skin-tone is always the best way to begin a cut and color make-over. And no doubt you’ll hear that ash-blonde only suits blue/green-eyed blondes and copper-shades are for brunettes only.  So, does that mean the rest of us can’t join in?  No way – as you’ll see in today’s gallery of great new looks – almost anyone can wear any color.  You just need to ensure the right tone has been added to complement your skin’s undertones!  Like this:-

Amazing ash-blonde with a hint of pink

Credit

In general, cool blonde tones like ash and pearl suit pale skin with a cool undertone, and warmer skin-tones look best with warmer blonde.  But if you have a warm skin-tone and want to overcome the ‘barrier’ to getting trendy ash-blonde, copy the model above.  She obviously has a warm skin-tone, so the colorist has toned the ash with a hint of pink, which makes a great ash-blonde shade!

Edgy choppy styling on soft-beige bob

Warm-beige is another fabulously fashionable new hair color this year and will also solve a lot of hair color dilemmas!  Mousey/dirty-blonde or dark-blonde natural colors are always a problem, with many women going too far blonde, which doesn’t always look great.  But this soft, light brown is a new shade of beige-blonde, which looks natural and trendy on this twisty bob with choppy ends!

Clever dual-copper highlights on natural waves

This wavy layered shoulder length bob has plenty of shine and attractive movement, but would look quite different if it was just one color all-over.  To add the fun of lively, bright copper in a classy way, the medium-brown base has been lightened with carefully selected balayage strands.  This switch from adding blonde streaks to brighten up brown hair, creates a more harmonious blend on this trendy, wavy bob.

Fab long to medium makeover with casual soft copper waves

Copper is another popular shade this year, but the shades are different from any we’ve seen before.  For instance, this intense burnt orange color, which you can get by adding beige to copper hair dye.  This lovely makeover shows the freshening effect of a lighter color and shorter, wavy layers.  The hair looks brighter and more fashionable, with lots more shape and lively movement!

Ultra-fresh pewter ash-blonde

Ash-brown and true ash-blonde can be combined to create the color known as pewter, which is demonstrated in this long hairstyle.  Pewter is a color only cool, pale skin tones can wear successfully and it really brings out the color of blue or green eyes.  Remember, with a change to any new hair color you need to choose clothing and make-up colors that complement your hair.

Stunning soft copper-beige with balayage

This beautifully blended hair color design shines with gorgeous streaks of classy rose-gold on a base on warm mid-brown. And when you look again, you can see pretty glints of copper that complete the hair-thickening, 3-D effect.  The key to copper-blonde and brown this year is to blend it with beige and create soft, warm colors.  Then you can relax and let your hair whisper,’look at me – I’m gorgeous’!

Must-see color layering master-class

Credit

Here’s another high-fashion cut and color design that blends three balayage colors in a new and exciting way!  Pearly white-blonde dominates the foreground, over a layer of golden-beige that warms and softens.  And when you look again you’ll see touches of ash-brown low-lights and brunette roots!  This is a master-class in creating the look of thicker hair through expert color-layering and defined waves!

Gentle fantasy pastels with soft beige roots

Medium long layers are the perfect cut for showing-off multi-colored fantasy styles.  This cute and lively look blends beige roots with an amazing array of pastel-colored defined waves.  From champagne, through baby-blue, pink, peach and lavender highlights – this high-fashion, confident look is just full of fun and mischief!

Quirky plum & raspberry faded look

There are many, many shades of pink to choose from, but one of my favorite combos is plum and raspberry.  It’s pink hair – but with a quirky, boho twist!  Both plum and raspberry have a purple/lavender undertone, which suits cool skin-tones like the model above.  This is a great choice for fine hair, as the super-cool faded ombré and casually tousled waves make hair look thicker!

Glamorous gleaming gold & rose-gold Prom hairdo

This look is perfect for a prom or other special occasion where you want to show off your style with an attention-grabbing hairdo!  You can rescue your long, blonde hair from being a boring cliché, and add loads of sophistication in this gorgeous, yellow-gold, rose-gold and pewter-gray color design.  You just add loose, casual waves for a special look that’s packed with lively personality!

Filed Under: Popular Hairstyles Tagged With: , , ,
Jenna Elfman Short Hairstyles
Jenna Elfman Short Hairstyle: Cute Layered Short Bob Cut with Bangs
Back View of Simple Sleek Hairstyle
Spring Hair Idea for Long Hair
Ahna O'Reilly Braided Hairstyle
The Best Long Hairstyles for 2012 – 2013
Rachel Hilbert Hairstyle Casual Side-swept Asymmetrical Long Waves tumblr
Rachel Hilbert Hairstyle: Chic Casual Side-swept Asymmetrical Long Waves
Brittany Snow Short Bob Cut
Short Bob Cut with Side Swept Bangs – Brittany Snow Short Haircuts

11 thoughts on “Short Bob Cut with Side Swept Bangs – Brittany Snow Short Haircuts”

1. Jason M says:

I’m planning on buying a Brittany puppy, and was just double checking if it really is a good dog for me:
    1) I have a big backyard
    2) A pool
    3) Willing to give lots of love
    4) Willing to go walking, and let it run around the yard
    5) Willing to spend time with it
    So, is a Brittany right for me?
    I have 3 Brittany Spaniel books.
    I have 3 Brittany Spaniel books.
    Also, my dad has lived with them and knows about them. He’s been around many of them for more then 10 years.

2. rashest_hippo says:

I’m very seriously considering a Brittany (sometimes called a Brittany Spaniel) for companionship and for show (AKC conformation classes), and I was just wondering if anyone here has had or currently has one, and would like to share their personal experiences about the breed. Let it be good, bad, or ugly, I’d just like to get some real owner opinions.

And please, if you’re just going to say something about how I just need to adopt a dog from a shelter or whatever, don’t waste your time. I’m not a stupid person who’s gonna be a “backyard breeder” with a million puppies on my hands, and I don’t want to hear your opinion about how purebred dogs are the reason for all the unwanted puppies today. Thanks.

3. Joe M says:

Ideas much[!]

4. The Dark Knight says:

K so this a very long way in the furture I would get a Brittany but what’s the hurt in asking a few questions!
    Can Brittany’s safely live with other species? I’m hoping to get ferrets and possibly cats
    Can they be left at home on their own? I would probally be away most of the day so would it be okay if I got two.
    Would I give them sufficient exersise? I could give them an hour walk in the morning and when I get home they could have an hour or two run followed by and hour or two walk. Oh and I’m happy to devote my entire weekend to running, cycling with them ect.
    Are they easy to train? It would be my first dog(s) so I’d like one fairly easy to train.
    Can I inlist them in further training? Like flyball and agility I always thought it looked fun!
    Are they effectionate? I’d love a really cuddly pooch!
    Can they run safely in an unfenced area? I know they are gun dogs would they just take off uncontrollably.
    American or French? I hear there are these two types of Brittany I’m not bothered about hunting much – which is more effectionAte
    Finally what food is best? What food is good quality and Farley cheap for Brittany’s?
    Thanks 🙂

5. Oilers says:

Okay so yah I have to write a 1-2 page essay about my name and how I feel about it and I wrote that, cept it’s kinda dry and I dont really want to get a bad grade. help what can I write about BRITTANY? I feel that I like my name and it has to be up to high school freshamn teacher approval.lol.
    no I already wrote about all that stuff and it sux

6. Andre says:

Hey there,

What are land prices like in Brittany? And are many Brits choosing to buy there?

Also i was interested in what the climate is like there.

Cheers,

7. thexbox360player says:

Why are Brittanys recommended as apartment dogs? Aren’t they like freakishly energetic?

8. shahedC says:

Is it easy to teach a brittany spaniel to walk off leash? I know, there are leash laws, but I mean like in a dog park, or a place dogs are allowed off leash. Is it easy to teach them this? I know it’s very easy to teach a labrador retriever this.

Also, for people that have a brittany, was it easy potty training him?
    How long did it take to potty train an around 3 month old brittany?
    thanks.

9. therundown2k3 says:

We are considering adopting a Brittany when we’re able to get a dog this summer (from descriptions and having met a bunch of them, they seem like our ideal dog). We’ll be likely living in a decent sized 3-bedroom apartment/small house, not sure about a yard yet, and have no kids (with no intention of having any in the future). With our schedules, the dog would be left alone for about 5-6 hours three days a week. The rest of the time he/she would generally have one or both of us home. I’m just looking for anecdotes from people who own a Brittany already — personality, exercise requirements, how they do in an apartment, etc. I’ve looked this all up online, but I want thoughts from people who actually have Brittanies rather than just the same basic info you find on each site. Much thanks to anyone who can contribute to my knowledge base on these amazing dogs!
    Edited to add: I’ve met several (I do transporting for the Brittany rescue). We intend to take our dog for a long walk everyday (sometimes more than once a day) and my partner is getting back into jogging so the dog would be a jogging companion as well. We also have a nearby dog park we would be going to (as long as the dog gets along with the other dogs) and we hike in state parks on the weekends. That seems like plenty of exercise to me, but perhaps I’m wrong? I have a friend with border collies who get less than that and they’re happy non-destructive dogs.
    Edited to add: Thank you everyone so far for your answers. It seems what they say about the Brittanies is that no two are alike in terms of energy requirements and personality. We really do need a dog that has a fair amount of energy…not overly much (which is why we opted not to get an Australian shepherd, as much as we love them!) but still with enough to be a good jogging/walking/hiking partner.

10. Praveen says:

Hey does anyone know any of the main tourist areas of Brittany (Bretagne), France?

11. Jenna says:

I want to make sure it is so dont just give me a guess. Also what about Nicole (its my middle name)? If Brittanys not british then what is it? And what the h e double hockey stick is Nicole?