Stealing the limelight with your thick hair is not an impossible feat, so long as you got the right hair cut. Say goodbye to bad hair day for good with the right styling techniques. No more poofy hair and excessive volume. No more days of wearing a hat just because your hair is unmanageable. Let the world witness how gorgeous you are!
If your problem is how to thin out your thick hair so you would not have to worry about it every single day, here are some of the easiest yet most efficient way to do it:
• Magic of Thinning Shears—This may look scary for some because of the jagged edges that it has. Instead of looking like the normal scissors, it appears to be like a comb with sharp edges. Do not be scared with thinning shears because this will be your key to reducing the excessive volume of your hair. It can reduce the poof of your hair without altering the style and cut that your heart desires.
• Moisturize, Moisturize!—Hair which tends to have so much body will become even bigger once it dries out. So, anything that could moisturize your hair would tame down the stubborn strands. There is no question, you need to use moisture-rich shampoo and conditioner. On top of these, you should consider using leave-in conditioner and dropping by the salon for hot oil treatment at least once a month.
• Longer Tresses—Growing your hair long can help a lot in your goal to reduce the thickness of your hair. Does that sound quite absurd? But it’s true! When you cut your hair short, it is most likely to look even fuller. A cascading long hair is not exactly thinner but since it is much easier to manage, you do not have to worry about too much volume. https://hairstylesweekly.com
• Tricks of the Layers—Layering your hair cutis one easy way to reduce the amount of thickness. Best of all, you will look stylish too! Just make sure to remind your stylist not to do choppy layers. Opt for the ones with smoother transition so it would not become frizzy and even more poofy. For longer hair, you can go for layers which dramatically thin out to the tips. This will surely make your hair look more tapered.
• Styling Products—Before you even face the world, apply a small amount of styling products like mousse or hair lotion. Compared to the hard wax and gel, these products would not make your hair stiff so it would still move along with you. Mousse and hair lotion will simply keep the strands together so that your tresses remain tamed and controllable the entire day.
If you are dropping by your stylist to have your hair cut, refrain from putting on hair products, blow drying or anything else that would alter the natural texture of your hair. That way, your stylist can see the natural look and use the right styling technique.
Stop hating your thick hair and quit envying others! Your hair can also look fabulous if you know how to maintain and style it.