If you are looking for a fresh look for your long curls, here are a few ideas from which to choose. These are extremely versatile styles that you can do many different things with-just let your imagination run wild! No matter if your needs are for a glamorous party, a wedding or other special occasion. We also have the styles you need for a more professional, business type look. If you are looking for a romantic style or a fun and flirty look-a serious business look or you want to appear sultry and mysterious, you need look no further-we have the answers as well as the tips to help you make it happen right at home !
You can have a gorgeous look for any special occasion; you have only to decide if you want to be romantic, elegant or flirty and sexy maybe even a combination of all of the above! The following are the instructions for doing these lovely styles at home.
1. As always, start with clean, towel-dried hair-apply your favorite holding product such as gel or mousse and comb through to ends. At this point, you can either allow hair to dry naturally or use a hood or blow dryer.
2. When hair is completely dry, put curls in hair-either using hot rollers or a medium barrel curling iron. Pay special attention to ends of hair for all three styles, as you want the majority of curl at the end of hair strand and mostly body from about mid-way up hair strand to root.
3. For Ponytail and Up-do, comb curls carefully taking care not to pull curl out of hair. Apply light “backcombing” (teasing) from about mid-way up hair strand to root of hair. Place approximately a two- inch part off center in bang area- the sections on either side of the part you just created, can either be incorporated into style, for a smooth more sophisticated look or left free and curled around face for a softer more romantic look.
4. For Ponytail-pull hair back high on crown-push back toward forehead until height you desire is achieved in crown before securing with “non-snag” hair band. Fluff curls, back combing slightly if you desire a fuller look for your ponytail, apply hairspray with medium to extra hold. Once again, fluffing and arranging curls in Ponytail, smooth rest of hair to prevent fly away hair strands.
5. For Up-do, pull hair around low on head and to one side as if for a Ponytail, once in position push hair back toward forward toward forehead to create the height in the crown area- secure Ponytail with “non-snag” hair band.
Now you have several choices to secure Up-do-there is a hair accessory that is available most anywhere hair accessories are sold, called “a donut”-if using this product, all you must do is pull your Ponytail through the center of “The donut” then secure one small section at a time under the donut with bobby pins. You might simply choose to pin your curls with bobby pins for a more “Messy Up-do” look. Many “As Seen on TV” products will work to secure Up-do as well. The most important factor here is that it is anchored firmly so that it will not come down until you take it down. Once Up-do is secured, fluff your curls-you might want to backcomb them very lightly, prior to pinning them- for a fuller look. For a more defined look simply comb them out carefully so you do not disturb their shape and spray well.
6. For Half Up-Half Down, carefully comb out curls for a sleek look or backcomb them one at a time for a fuller more romantic, flirty look. Place part in hair at the point you desire it to be-then beginning at front of part, take a two-inch section on either side and separate it from the rest of your hair. You may choose to roll it or to braid it. To roll, begin at root rolling against head in the direction the top of your head continue until you have reached the center of the back of your head and secure with band or pin temporarily. Repeat on other side of head- once the two sections meet in the back of your head secure them together in a “non-snag” hair band. To braid, simply apply a traditional braid to each two-inch section, making your way to the center of the back of the head securing as above.
For all of the looks above, hair jewelry such as barrettes, combs or decorative pins-as well as flowers will make a wonderfully attractive finishing touch!
Here are some pictures of long wavy curly hairstyles, enjoy.
Have you find your favorite long curly hair styles yet? If not, why not check our hairstyles gallery to find more beautiful hairstyles? Check it out here: https://hairstylesweekly.com/gallery/